Frequently Asked Questions
- Do mounting screws come with the product?
We will note in our description if mounting screws come with the item.
- Can you match a part for me?
An e-mail with an attached photo or a photocopy in the mail with a self-addressed stamped envelope (if you want the photo back) is the best way to contact us to search for your parts. Please note all measurements or provide a tracing of the item on a piece of paper.
- How can I tell solid brass from brass plated steel hardware?
The easiest way is to put a magnet to the item. If it does not stick, the metal is brass or bronze, or rarely white metal. If the magnet sticks, the metal is iron or steel.
- What is the difference between a rim lock and a mortise lock?
The rim lock is a surface mounted lock. The entire lock is visible because it is mounted on the exterior surface of the door. A mortise lock is mounted inside the door and cannot be seen. A mortise lock is accompanied by trim such as plates, rosettes or keyhole escutcheons.
- I have an antique dresser that is missing a drawer pull. Can you match it for me?
Victorian pulls with the screws 3” apart on center are the easiest to match. The chances of finding a match are slim, but if you like, you may send us a photo of what you need. An e-mail with an attached photo or a photo in the mail is the best way to contact us.